Flex and Rigid-Flex PCBs: Technical Issues In Data Sets
Flex and rigid-flex circuit boards have a number of design requirements that either differ or do not exist in rigid PCB designs. Because of this, we routinely see technical issues in data sets supplied by our customers that need to be either resolved, updated, or corrected.
Some items are easily addressed, some require input from the supplier while others require updates/changes to the data set by the customer.
Understanding these issues and root causes allows for improved and complete data sets which will streamline both the quoting and production engineering processes. Any additional communications to resolve the technical items will be minimized and or eliminated.
In this webinar, we will cover the three most common areas we see in the supplied flex and rigid-flex PCB data sets, that lead to technical issues that need to be addressed.
Webinar Event Details:
Thursday, November 9th
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM EDT
- IPC 6013 Issues:
- Correct IPC spec callouts
- PTH/via to flex area minimum spacing requirements
- Material callouts/specifications
- 2-layer flex plating requirements
- Stiffener requirements
- Epoxy strain relief specs
- Mechanical Issues:
- Flex area and rigid area assembly array breakaway tabs
- Part outline(s)
- Inside corners in part outline(s)
- Minimum stiffener sizes
- Coverlay/Soldermask Issues:
- Minimum web capabilities
- Coverlay shape capabilities
- Combination coverlay/soldermask usage