From Mechanical HMIs to Touch: Old vs New Technology Webinar
As resistive and capacitive touch technologies have become more cost effective with far greater performance, these high-tech HMI designs have become more widespread across all industries from consumer products, to medical, and even military applications. Manufacturers continue to phase out the legacy dome and tactile switches with higher reliability touchscreens that offer far superior flexibility, fewer moving parts, and the ability to downsize and consolidate system components.
However, this brings a new and unique set of program concerns such as integration, firmware development, obsolesce/material risk, and most importantly understanding what technology works best for the right application.
This webinar will review the technology behind today's touchscreen products and the steps necessary to bring next-generation products to market.
Watch the Recording Below
View the Presentation Slides
- How Resistive and Capacitive Touch Technologies Work
- When to Use These Technologies and Design Limitations
- Additional Functionality Options (ex. LCD displays, light guide films)
- Mechanical and Electrical System Impacts
- Firmware Development
- Managing to Obsolesce Risk