Match Your High-Tech PCB Design to Your Suppliers Capabilities
Have you ever designed a PCB and sent it out for quotation, only to receive a series of no-quotes or deviation requests from potential suppliers? If so, then you may be interested to find out why this happens and how to minimize the likelihood that it will happen again in the future.
Good circuit board design practices are essential, of course, but it is also helpful to understand your suppliers’ capabilities so that you can anticipate which features might make your high-tech PCB more difficult to build.
In this webinar we discuss some of the key requirements you should know about your PCB suppliers’ capabilities to ensure your high-tech PCB is manufactured properly in a timely manner.
Watch the Recording Below
View the Presentation Slides
Check Out the Full Q&A
We have compiled all the questions submitted at the conclusion of this webinar into a readable format available on our blog.
- Understand and observe best design practices
- Supplier: General production capabilities
- Throughput: Speed and volume capacity
- Choke Points: Physical limitations of plant and equipment
- Materials: Which materials are stocked or readily available?
- Special Processes: Outsourcing, subcontracting
- Design: Adjust to match known capabilities
- Laying the Groundwork: Communicating with your supplier