Re-Engineering Obsolete Printed Circuit Boards Webinar
This webinar will focus on Re-Engineering Obsolete Printed Circuit Boards. Many OEM's are finding their mature PCB designs are peppered with a dwindling supply of obsolete components and/or they are paying for additional labor to install inefficient thru-hole components. These challenges will often lead to compromised schedules and strained margins.
We will review the items required to make the process of redesigning a customer's antiquated or obsolete printed circuit board into a contemporary and cost effective product.
Watch the Recording Below
View the Presentation Slides
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
- Required Business Information:
- Validation that the customer "owns" or has the rights to PCB
- Qualify the "Return on Investment"
- Required Technical Information:
- The existing BOM with Manufacture Part Numbers
- The existing schematic
- Product documentation or user manual
- Existing assemblies or product samples
- Define the Scope of Work:
- What are the performance requirements for the new design
- Define the Technology Refresh:
- What new technologies can be implemented to reduce cost
- Review processes to build assembly to minimize product cost
- Define the New Features for Product:
- Are there any new enhancements to product features required
- Are there any physical changes required