Military Specifications For User Interfaces
Epec has been servicing the military and aerospace industry for over 70 years, providing specialized products and services. Long development cycles and high qualification costs require aerospace firms to identify stable, reliable, cost-effective partners. Epec's AS9100 and ISO 9000 certified plants globally support various Tier 1, 2, and 3 providers with a wide variety of application critical solutions.
We offer production support for communication, helicopter parts, countermeasures, cockpit lighting, ruggedized vehicles, avionics systems, and power supplies are just a few examples of current programs that we support.
At Epec, we identify and adhere to the appropriate specifications for each branch of the United States Military: Air Force, Navy, Army, Marines and Coast guard; which all have unique specifications.
We have experience in the design and implementation of the following Mil Standards.
- MIL-STD-130 - Identification Marking of US Military Property
- MIL-STD-129 - Non Identifying Markings
- MIL-STD-461E - Test for Electromagnetic Capability
- MIL-STD-3009 - Lighting, Aircraft, Night Vision Imaging Systems
- MIL-STD-810 - Environmental Engineering Considerations
- MIL-S-901D - High Impact Mechanical Shock, Grade A and Grade B
- MIL-STD-1280 - Keyboard Arrangements
- MIL-STD-810F - Particle Resistance and Liquid Resistance Testing
- MIL-S-22885 - Switches/Pushbutton, Illuminated Spec also SAE AS7788A
Mission Critical Quality
When the project is mission critical, Epec has the experience and know-how to provide premium electronic assemblies for use in military and aerospace applications. As an International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) - certified manufacturer, we have developed expert knowledge of the requirements and quality systems necessary to provide product support and manufacturing to OEM military and defense contractors.