Custom Keyboard Construction Technologies
At Epec Engineered Technologies, we offer a wide array of custom user interface options for various industries including medical, aerospace & military, telecommunications, and consumer products.
Each keyboard technology has features and advantages that we can compare for you to aid in the best technology selection for your specific application.
Our Capabilities Include:
Tactile metal domes mounted to a rigid printed circuit board with the following design options:
- Printed graphic overlays can be incorporated for a flat, unified appearance.
- Non-conductive molded rubber boots with 3-dimensional pushbuttons for unambiguous feel and high reliability operation.
- Molded plastic pushbuttons for professional appearance in higher volume, low cost applications.
- Metal or molded plastic bezels with many mounting options to finish the assembly.
- Conductive rubber keyboard assemblies.
General options available for core keyboard technologies:
- Custom shielding materials for Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI), Electro-Static Discharge (ESD), and Tempest-sensitive applications.
- General backlighting or selective backlighting graphic overlay areas or translucent rubber boots using Electro-Luminescent lamps (E/L) or Light-Emitting Diodes (LED).
- Clear or tinted windows for displays using either graphic overlay material or our proprietary hard plastic windows.
- Displays, discrete electronic components, drivers and encoders.
- Rugged design to meet the Environmental and EMI requirements of highly reliable and exacting applications; including MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, and RTCA/DO-160.
- Illumination - Compliance with MIL-DTL-7788 and NVIS (Night Vision Imaging System) MIL-STD-3009. Lighting options – LED, incandescent, and electroluminescent.
- Waterproof and other protection from liquids, bodily fluids, and most other foreign materials.