Electromechanical User Interfaces
Electromechanical user interface solutions combine core keyboard technology with additional electrical, electronic or mechanical parts forming a subassembly. A metal or molded plastic bezel or housing provides highly reliable support for the major components in the final electromechanical user interface assembly.
Electromechanical user interface solutions eliminate complex OEM subassembly processes and insures the integrity of the subassembly for a bolt-on, plug-in final assembly.
The above images are a typical military-style water-proof, electromechanical user interface subassembly with crisp tactile feel, individually lighted keytops, and full EMI shielding.
Electromechanical Keyboard Features & Options
- Uses gold plated, environmentally sealed switch surfaces for long mechanical and electrical switch reliability that features unambiguous tactile feel to the end user.
- Design and assembly processes ensure desired fit and finish for aesthetic appearance.
- Options available for dust-proof, water-resistant, or water-proof seals.
- RFI/EMI/ESD shielding options can be added to the subassembly.
- Integrated electronic components
- Wide choice of soldered connector options on the rear side of the pc board.