Marine Specifications For User Interfaces
In Marine applications that require a human to machine interface there may be a need for a complete waterproof solution. Keypads or control panels can be made water resistant using the correct design techniques and the proper selection of adhesives.
If your end product needs to withstand this type of environment, you need to make sure you select the correct supplier that can manufacture to these strict requirements.
At Epec, we have experience in both the design and implementation of the following Marine Standards
- ASTMB117 - Marine salt spray – also IP 67 NEMA 6
- IEC 60529 - Ingress Protection (waterproofing)
- IEC 60068 - Environmental Testing
- IEC 60945 - Maritime Navigation and Radio communication Equipment and Systems – General Requirements – Methods of Testing and Required Test Results
- IEC 61000 - Electromagnetic compatibility
Check out our blog post to learn more about designing a membrane switch keypad to be waterproof.