Custom Keyboards & Keypads
At Epec, we have the capabilities to manufacture electronic keyboards and keypads with integrated rigid printed circuit boards. The PCB can be equipped with metal domes and can be mounted in a molded plastic bezel making a complete user interface assembly.
Our custom built keyboards and keypads are made specifically for your end products specifications and can be used in a wide range of industrial applications.
Keyboard & Keypad Construction Methods
- A graphic overlay can be included to provide an aesthetically pleasing legends, visual icons and decorative appearance to match your companies branding, including a logo.
- For high reliability keyboards and keypads, we recommend gold plated, stainless steel domes to provide the best tactile sensation for the end user and offer stable, long-term reliability for the end product.
- Printed circuit boards can be incorporated that contain the electronics to include keyboard encoders and proper plug compatible interface electronics.
- Gold plated printed circuit board dome switch pads can be included. This offers extremely stable, long-term reliability with the freedom from non conductive oxide formation on the switch surfaces from an industrial environment.
- Custom designed plastic bezels can be created with color and textures that meet your specifications.
- Complete bolt on, plug in capability can be added, which eliminates stocking associated materials and subassembly operations.
Added Value Keyboard Options
- A variety of connectors are available.
- Passive and active components can be mounted to the rear of the PCB.
- Variety of mechanical hardware, studs, standoffs, threaded holes and mounting brackets can be incorporated into your design.
- State-of-the-art surface and through-hole electronic component assembly.
- In-circuit testing.