PCB Data Requirements
Below you will find the minimum data information requirements to place your rigid circuit board order.
The purpose of this document is to describe the minimum data and information required by Epec Engineering to generate the tooling.
The minimum required data and information set can be broken down into two categories: "Board Data" and "Fabrication Instructions".
1. Board Data:
Board data can consist of the traditional data package which must include the following:
- Gerber Data in the following formats:
- 274D including separate aperture list with all apertures defined.
- 274X - Preferred
- Gerber files with aperture lists
- DXF can be used requires an approval prior to production
- ODB++ format
- Drill Data in the following formats:
- Excellon 1
- Excellon 2
Also acceptable is ODB++ data. ODB++ will be supplied as a single file, usually with the extension of .tgz. ODB++ contains all the required board and drill information.
Note: Any other data formats need to be reviewed and approved by Epec Engineering before the order can be placed.
2. Fabrication instructions:
The fabrication instructions should contain all relevant information required to tool and build the part including:
- Hole sizes with tolerances, and plating information
- Board outline detail with all required dimensions and tolerances
- Hole or feature to edge dimensions
- Finished Copper Weights
- Finished Board thickness with tolerances, and measurement criteria
- Surface finish preference
- Soldermask requirements
- Silkscreen requirements
- Technical contact information
- Any additional requirements (i.e. impedance, controlled dielectrics, plugged vias, etc.)
The fabrication instructions may be found:
- Fabrication Drawing:
- Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
- AutoCAD (.dwg or .dxf)
- Graphic file (.jpg, .gif, .tif, etc.)
- Array configurations – tab or scored preference
- Notes, read me files, and/or customer specification