Heavy Copper Printed Circuit Boards
Epec has been building heavy copper circuit boards with traces and copper planes of up to 6 ounces for over 20 years. Our expertise is in producing at a reasonable cost, heavy copper PCBs that are of proven designs. Our engineering team can work with you to review your design to make sure that they can be manufactured with the highest quality at the best overall cost.
Be sure to check out our blog post on heavy copper circuit board strength & survivability for additional information.
Industries Served Using Heavy Copper Circuit Boards
- Welding Equipment
- Solar Panel Manufacturers
- Power Supplies
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Power Converters
Heavy Copper PCB Capabilities
- Maximum Number of Layers = 16
- Laminate – FR-4 (All Tg Ranges), Teflon, Ceramic
- Finished Thickness = .020" - .275"
- Green, Blue, Red, Black, Clear & White Solder Masks & Legend Inks
- Minimum Soldermask Clearance – 6 mils
- Minimum Solder Dam Width – 5.5 mils
- Hot Air Solder Leveling (HASL)
- Immersion Gold (ENIG) & Immersion Silver
- Blind & Buried Vias
- Minimum Drill Bit Hole Size = .012"
- Minimum Holes Size - .008" +.005"/-.008"
- Maximum Hole Aspect Ratio = 10:1
- Maximum Copper Weight = 6 oz. (UL Approved)
- Controlled Impedance +/- 10%
- Minimum Silkscreen Line Width – 8 mils
|Measured in Inches||Hoz||1oz||2oz||3oz||4oz||5oz||6oz|
|Min. Conductor Width||0.004||0.005||0.006||0.007||0.008||0.009||0.010|
|Min. Conductor Spacing||0.004||0.006||0.008||0.012||0.014||0.017||0.020|
|Min. Pad to Pad Spacing||0.004||0.006||0.008||0.012||0.014||0.017||0.020|
|Min. Conductor-to-Pad Spacing||0.004||0.006||0.008||0.012||0.014||0.017||0.020|
|Min. PTH Annular Ring||0.006||0.006||0.008||0.009||0.011||0.013||0.014|
|Min. VIA Annular Ring||0.006||0.006||0.008||0.009||0.011||0.013||0.014|
|Min. Distance - Hole to Board Edge||0.010||0.010||0.010||0.010||0.010||0.010||0.010|
See our EXTREME Copper PCBs for information on copper weights over 6 oz.