Markets with many participants - that is, with many sellers and many buyers - are complex. These complex markets often require special mechanisms to run efficiently. In order for a company to become operationally excellent and run efficiently it must adopt a philosophy of the workplace where problem-solving, teamwork, and leadership results in the ongoing improvement in an organization. The process involves focusing on the customers' needs, keeping the employees positive and empowered, and continually improving the companies existing process, procedures and policies.
In the fog in which traditional manufacturers and distributors operate; Epec strives to be a beacon for the customer. We combine the best of what manufacturers and distributors have to offer along with services and customer care that help boost our customers' bottom-line growth.
It is our goal to bring together three fundamental elements that make suppliers indispensable to our customers.
First, We Have The Best Elements Of A Manufacturer
We are highly trained product experts; we oversee production; we engineer custom solutions; we have in-house and on-site (Asia) quality teams. Epec owns certain manufacturing assets and machines and we contract out manufacturing as needed to the manufacturer best suited and approved by Epec for the specific product. This means that we don't get bogged down with keeping a specific machine busy or with force-fitting customers into unused capacity at the wrong factory, just because it is currently available. As a result, Epec effectively have unlimited capacity and are not handcuffed to specific technology or equipment or tools.
Second, We Perform Distribution And Logistics Services
We have warehouses; we manage inventory; we handle inbound and outbound logistics; we deliver when you need it, we even provide customer fulfillment when needed. Epec goes beyond the traditional distributor model with superior inventory acumen and proven operational excellence. We lower total system costs by consolidating inventory across the entire supply chain, including taking inventory off of customers' floors. Epec has a core competence in inventory and logistics management that can help customers control inventory levels and expenses and can deliver to customers on a just-in-time basis.
Third, We Provide Extra Services And Value-Added Offerings
Epec will always consider ways to improve our customers' revenues, lower their costs, and improve their results as well. Every sector will have a different set of opportunities that a hybrid supplier will embrace. Just providing a standard product is not enough, Epec strives to dig deeper into a customer need so that we can provide exactly what the customer wants how they want it. Along with that we have full QA/QC facilities in Denver, Boston and Tampa so that we can assure that every shipment to our customers is exactly what was ordered.
Far Beyond A Standard Manufacturer
Epec goes far beyond what a classic manufacturer or distributor does as we embrace innovation, efficiency, and a maniacal focus on customer service.
As a supplier that focuses on operational excellence Epec can help you (the buyer) by:
- Delivering Products That Accelerate Growth: With access to a vast array of manufacturers and a mindset around growth, Epec can incorporate the latest innovations in our product designs for our customers. These innovations can help reduce your expenses and/or accelerate your revenue growth.
- Providing Expertise That Unlocks Profit: Epec has assembled a portfolio of value-added services that create differentiation. They can also uncover hidden savings through experience, analysis, and access to a wide array of applications at different customers.
- Taking Assets Off Your Balance Sheet: With expansive logistics networks, Epec can hold inventory and deliver product when you need it thereby moving inventory off your balance sheet which frees up cash flow.
- Taking Expenses Off Your Income Statement: Moving inventory to another party also has the benefit of freeing up the resources that used to be involved with housing, handling, insuring, and administering the inventory.
- Accumulating Volume to Lower Purchasing Costs: With greater buying power achieved by consolidating volume across many customers, Epec creates cost efficiencies from the manufacturers and freight companies from whom we purchase. This helps offset our operating costs and margin, and can result in a net improvement in pricing to you.
- Adding Flexibility and Speed to Market: Epec has lower minimum-order sizes than most manufacturers which allows for faster time-to-market for you.
- Guaranteeing Supply: Through inventory management and multi-sourced product, Epec can provide uninterrupted supply assurance that is often not available from single manufacturers and less financial secure distributors.
- Delivering Turnkey Services and Coordination: For customers requiring multiple manufacturers, Epec can be the glue that binds the supply chain together. One call can replace many while also limiting quality fluctuations and ensuring accountability.
- Simplifying Your Operations: With a wide array of products, valuable services, and flexible solutions, Epec can replace many single-purpose vendors. This "one call does it all" approach allows you to cut back on administration and focus on what you do best.
Epec's Competitive Advantage
Operational excellence is a competitive advantage: it translates to increased production flexibility, improved customer responsiveness, and cost minimization. Our goal is to always focus on improving operations and our offering to keep our customers on the leading edge of technology, while maintaining the highest level of quality and a cost competitive position.