Alternatives to Chemical Fuses in Battery Secondary Safety Circuits Webinar
Historically, chemical fuses have been used to disable the battery in the event that the secondary safety becomes active. Many of these fuse manufactures do not support medical applications or their fuses are too small to use in very high-current applications.
This webinar will discuss using FETs in secondary protection applications, which have many advantages over using chemical fuses from multi sourcing to full medical application support, and potential to lower cost depending on the application.
Additionally exploring latching and non-latching applications and how to implement them and integrate them with popular safety circuits in wide use today.
Webinar Event Details:
Friday, December 15th
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM ET
- Secondary Safety Background.
- Four methods used to meet secondary safety requirements.
- When are chemical fuses a good fit?
- When should FETs be considered as an alternative?
- How are FET switches used?