Portable Device Challenges of Larger Batteries Over 100 Watt Hours
Strict shipping regulations make it more difficult to ship larger format batteries. This webinar will cover various methods used to meet stringent shipping regulations while giving the customer the battery power their product requires.
Large format batteries also require additional engineering considerations as well. The webinar will also discuss methods of good design practices and how to make these large batteries as safe as possible.
Webinar Event Details
Thursday, October 25th
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
- Why are shipping regulations getting stricter?
- What is a large format battery?
- Why not design it like a smaller battery - what’s the big deal?
- The purpose of cell separation.
- Thermal gradients within the battery - how can they be minimized?
- How to handle high charging and discharging currents.
- Drop test requirements for heavy batteries.