How Many Cycles Can I Expect from My Battery?
Why it is so difficult to answer this simple question: "How many Cycles can I expect from my battery?"
There are many factors involved in predicting the cycle life of a battery pack. Cell manufactures usually only provide cycle life under very narrow defined conditions.
However, as you may know, rarely are those conditions encountered in real applications of batteries.
Watch the Recording Below
View the Presentation Slides
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
- Chemistry selected/used
- Amount of time the battery is exposed to temperature extremes
- Pack design and construction
- High current path routes / cells exposed to same load
- Inner cells and thermal management
- Average charge state the battery is in
- Charge voltage per cell
- High discharge and charge rates (localized internal heating)
- Number of series cells and parallel cells
- Cell balancing