Flex & Rigid-Flex Circuit Capabilities
Below are our flex and rigid flex circuit capabilities, along with available materials substrates and adhesives. We also offer an extensive range of solder mask and coverlay products as well as various surface and finishes treatments.
Our Capabilities Include
- Single or Double Sided Flex: Polyimide
- Multilayer Flex up to 8 layers
- Multilayer Rigid-Flex up to 20+ layers (rigid area)
- Lines and Spaces: down to 0.003"
- Installation of Connectors, Pins, Contacts, etc.
- SMD & PTH Component Assembly available
- Stiffener Supported Areas (using FR-4, Polyimide, etc.)
- Blind & Buried Vias
- Controlled Impedance
- Selective Adhesives, PSAs and Thermally bonded
- EMI / RF Shielding: Copper, Silver Ink & Shielding films
- Circuits up to 24" in Length or Greater Depending Upon Technology
Flexible Circuit Materials
- Polyimide: 1 – 3 mil
- Rolled Annealed Copper
- Electro - Deposited
Flex Circuit Adhesives
- Modified Acrylic
- Modified Epoxy
- Pressure Sensitive (PSA)
Solder Mask / Coverlay
A coverlay serves as the same function as soldermask that is used on a rigid printed circuit board. The difference with a coverlay is the added element of flexibility and durability it provides to the flexible circuit board.
- Polyimide Coverlay: 1/2 mil to 2 mil
- Flexible Liquid Photoimagable (LPI) Soldermask
See our blog post titled what is a flexible circuit coverlay to learn more.
Surface Treatment & Finishes
- ENIG (Electroless Nickel - Immersion Gold)
- Immersion Silver
- Hard Gold
- HAL (Non-leaded, RoHS)
- HAL (Leaded)
Stiffeners are typically used to reinforce selective areas of flexible circuitry for component support, durability and mounting. They can also be used for strain relief and heat dissipation. Bonding materials include pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) and Temperature sensitive adhesive (TSA).
- Unclad FR4 / G10
Stiffener thickness is determined by your actual needs. Typical stiffeners thickness' range from 0.005" to 0.062".